31 July 2012

One more sleep

[ My dear dear friend Johnny arrived to our house on Sunday when he knew we were packing with a bottle of Moet so we could properly celebrate that the holiday was finally here p.s Mr M was very hungover in this pic after putting in an amazing drinking effort at our going away drinks the night before ] 

So here Mr M & I are. 1 sleep away from our trip of a lifetime. To say that we are excited, is an understatement. To say that we are nervous, is an understatement but to say that we are ready to finally start this adventure is exactly where we're at. I have only had one semi sleepless night - surprisingly - and if I was honest with myself it was because I was just completely nervous about what was actually just around the corner. I was restless because I knew I was about to give over to just living in the moment and being at the universes control for the next 4 1/2 months, which might sound amazing to most but admittedly had me a little freaked out. You see, I am a self confessed semi control freak - the first step to recovery is admitting it right? I thrive on routine, on challenges, on excelling at work, at having deadlines, getting up at the same time, going to bed at the same time, having plans, goals for a week and everything else a fellow control freak can relate to. So there I was, lying in bed, realising, that realistically, for the next 4 1/2 months that is all out of my control and yes, I got really nervous. I wasn't going to have challenges at work that would make me feel accomplished, I am not going to have the security of getting up early and hitting the gym and I certainly won't be in control of what could happen on any given day. But you know what I did? I cuddled in a little closer to Mr M - who was blissfully asleep with not a worry in the world in true Mr M style - & realised that I was being silly and that this was all part of the adventure and a huge dream that I was about to embark on. It's a strange feeling and one that we in fact both can't properly in to words, but in 1 sleep, we get to live a dream and that is what I went to sleep remembering. So, here I am, letting go, letting only pure excitement take over and opening myself to whatever the universe has in store for me. Wish us luck. I'll be posting whilst over there so if you would like to see where in the world we are and some interesting lessons we're learning then you know where to find me xx


8 comments:

  1. Hi Anna, I understand that it´s a huge step but I think you have nothing to be nervous about. I´m sure you´ll have a wonderful time in Europe and I´ll be waiting every day for news of your experiences. Have a safe flight and take care.
    xx Eve.h

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time on your trip of a lifetime!

    Sandra from The Puzzle of Sandra's Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute photo! I wish you both the best, can't wait to see what you guys get up to!

    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will have challenges don't you worry! When you're in a country where you can't speak the language, just going to the shops presents a challenge - What if you can't understand what the lady at the checkout says? What if you cant understand the labels? What street am I on? What if I get lost? Thats the beauty of travelling, EVERYTHING presents its own challenge. The challenge will be to keep up your morning exercise - but you'll see cities in a totally different way! Beautiful.

    You will feel so accomplished when you realise how much you learn, when you speak to someone in another language and they understand you and respond! You will have train maps to read and routes to plan, hotels to find and free WiFi to find!

    You will have a BLAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To say I’m excited for you is an understatement! Anna, you are going to have the trip of a lifetime... i am so envious, yet, inspired! I can’t wait to hear all about your adventures!! Sometime it’s nice not to be in control ... And, saw that you’re following me back on instagram (I’m kind of obsessed with your photos, btw) ... hope you will post more there on this trip!! have an amazing time!!!

    xo julia, everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! I hope you guys are going to have the most wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly how you feel about the control thing... but you may be surprised at how quickly you settle into this new rhythm. You are going to have an amazing time xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you both look so pretty! so happy!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...